Friday 8 August 2014

People I spoke to today

An odd idea for a post perhaps, but for some reason this occurred to me today.

When I say 'spoke to' the definition could vary a bit. It doesn't necessarily mean they replied and we had a full conversation, but merely that something was spoken one way or the other and acknowledged in some way. Some people I obviously spoke to more than once, but they're only listed once in the running tally.

So here goes -

1/2. My parents, this morning, when I realized the shower was out of soap and had to look in the upstairs bathroom for some more

3. A guy on the train who I said 'excuse me' to when I got to my station

4/5. Two fellow classmates at uni at the start of the lecture when we were looking for the light switch

6. The lecturer at the end, when I asked for the unit guide as I'd missed the first lecture that semester

7/8/9 - At least three people sitting at my table in the tute after the lecture

10/11 - A couple of other people when we had a discussion in class about asylum seekers (it was a politics class today)

12/13 - Two people serving food at the canteen when I asked for the fish'n'chips and they said it would be a couple of minutes

14 - A girl while I was having lunch asking if I knew where a room was

15 - A friend who walked in just as I was finishing lunch

16 - A woman at the uni bookstore

17 - Another woman at the other uni bookstore (at a different campus, where I finally found the book I needed...)

18/19 - Two women in the hairdressers when I went to get a haircut afterwards, one who told me to sit down when I entered and the other who actually cut my hair

20 - Saying 'hey' to a friend of my dad's as I got home while they were loading up the trailer for a camping trip this weekend

20 - My sister briefly at home on where the soap holder went (as in the ceramic bit attached to the wall, which appears to have gone the same way as the soap...)

21-29 - Then went to work, where nine fellow staff members were present. I'm pretty sure I exchanged at least a few words with all of them

30-43+ - I took 14 deliveries while at work (I deliver pizzas) so I spoke to at least that many people, maybe a few more when multiple people came to the door

44+ - My other sister after I got home on what pizza I'd brought back (we get a free one with every shift, its compensation for the sh*tty pay)

So there you go, I spoke with at least 44 people today, maybe a few more.

I wonder what tomorrow will bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment